- 2017 – 2021: CPS/IoT Ecosystem: Vorbereitung Österreichs auf die nächste Digitale Revolution
Total budget 4,012 Mio Euro
Funded by the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy Austria (BMWFW).
PIs: L. Esterle, R. Grosu, S. Dustdar, G. Kappel, T. Henzinger, M. Gruber, D. Nickovic, A. Eckel
- 2017 – 2019: SOLOMON: Self-Organisation and Learning Online in Mobile Observation Networks
Total budget 195k Euro
European Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship funded by the European Union under Horizon 2020 Programme (MSCA-IF-2015-EF).
Less than 6% acceptance rate
PI: L. Esterle
- 2010 – 2014: EPiCS: Engineering Proprioception in Computing Systems
Total budget 6,67 Mio Euro
Funded by the European Union under FP7-ICT.
PIs: M. Platzner, B. Rinner, R. Pflugfelder, B. Plattner, S. Stilkerich, J. Torresen, W. Luk, X. Yao.
Member of Programme Committees
- Technical Programme Committee member at the IEEE International Conference on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems (SASO)
- Technical Programme Committee member at the IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom)
- Technical Programme Committee member at the IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC)
- Technical Programme Committee member at the International Conference on Modern Communication & Computing Technologies (MCCT)
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Webinar Committee member 2015
Other professional activities
- Posters and Demos Chair at the IEEE International Conference on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems (SASO) 2017
- Invited as a specialist on Self-Adaptive Systems to the Shonan-Meeting 110 on “Controlled Adaptation of Self-adaptive Systems (CASaS2017)”. 2017, Shonan, Japan.
- Panel member as a specialist on Collectives of Self-Aware Systems at the SISSY 2015: Workshop on Self-Improving System Integration entitled “The potential of Self-aware Computing for SISSY Challenges and Applications” at the International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC). 2015, Grenoble, France.
- Invited as a specialist on Self-Aware Systems to the Dagstuhl-Seminar 15041 on ”Model-driven Algorithms and Architectures for Self-Aware Computing Systems”. 2015, Dagstuhl, Germany.
Journal referee (excerpt)
IEEE Computer Magazine, ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems, Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks, IEEE Sensors Journal, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Hindawi The Scientific World Journal, Hindawi Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
Conference referee (excerpt)
9th International Conference on Adaptive and Self-Adaptive Systems and Applications 2017, 13th IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing 2016, Artificial Life and Intelligent Agents Symposium 2016, 10th IEEE International Conferences on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems 2016, 1st International Conference on Modern Communication & Computing Technologies 2014, 9th IEEE International Conferences on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems 2015, 8th International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing & Ambient Intelligence 2014, 6th International Work-conference on Ambient Assisted Living 2014, 1st International Conference on Pervasive and Embedded Computing and Communication Systems 201